The Best Moment Ever

Posted by Afrojew2 | | Posted On Tuesday, February 16, 2010 at 10:06 PM

Ok, so I just experienced my new best moment ever in Korea. I got out of work at 12:15 today because camp has resumed. After trading in my school slippers for tennis shoes I headed down the street for some gogi mandu, or steamed meat dumplings. I was immediately surrounded by about ten of my youngest students. One girl, speaking the best English, was a 3rd grader who I hadn't taught, but she recognized me from the morning announcements. I'll be teaching her for a month when school starts again. Anyway, I lead them to the dumpling place, bought them all gogi mandu and enough chopsticks to go around (they were all so impressed that I could order in Korean), got a table on the sidewalk, and watched them scarf down the entire box in ten seconds. It was pretty cool.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for The Best Moment Ever

Post a Comment

who I am

My photo


Who I am is a man with a plan.
A master of disguise with his eyes on the prize.
A lean, mean traveling machine,
Who always goes for it but loves to blow off steam.
I’ve been living in the past and coming up last,
So now I’m looking to the future where I’m sure to have a blast.
I’m a yes man who doesn’t just say no,
I like to take my time unless I’ve got somewhere to go.
I’m easy going, easy to please,
Easy on the eyes, but tough to read.
I pluck my strings to the rhythm and blues,
And belt it out when I find my muse.
Nobody’s perfect but I strive for greatness.
The shoe never fits as I wander aimless.
I have an open heart, an open mind
Which opens doors I seek to find.
So open up and open wide,
It's open season on this journey of mine.
Get in line, I’m a sight to see.
I hope you feel better,
Now that you know me.